Thursday, January 7, 2016
Onions are considered a natural remedy for various illnesses, and are known for their magical healing power. They are also known as natural air purifiers, and when applied directly to the skin, they tend to remove the bacteria and kill the germs. The phosphoric acid (the substance that irritates our eyes while chopping onions) present in onions helps in purifying the blood as it enters the blood vessels.
You have nothing to lose by giving this onion and sock therapy a try! It comes with a number of benefits. As you sleep, the healing properties of the onions will be absorbed by the feet, and this will help in stimulating the meridians.
Here’s How You Can Do It:
· Take an onion (red or white) and cut it into thin and flat slices (make sure it’s an organic onion to avoid any side effects of pesticides like fungal infections).
· Place the onion slice in your socks (under your foot, like a platform), and sleep as you usually do.
· Blood purification.
· Removal of germs and bacteria.
· Elimination of toxins and chemicals from the feet and making them smell better (believe it or not, it works!)
· Alleviating symptoms of fever like cold and flu.
However, reusing the same onion slice is not at all recommended. So, be careful about that.
Were you aware of the fact that the bottom areas of your feet have direct access points to all the internal organs in your body? As per Chinese medicine terminology, these access points are known as meridians, and they form the pathways to each organ in the body. There has been an age old controversy regarding the existence of meridians, but those who are well versed with the Chinese medicine know that the meridian system is very closely related to our body’s nervous system. Experts say that there are about 7,000 meridians at the bottom of our feet that directly link to different organs! Can you believe that?The image below clearly represents the meridians and their connection points with the organs and systems within the body.
Labels: Onion Socks