Monday, July 15, 2013

Story of my Rose

As you guys know, it is pretty boring to stay at home and do nothing on week ends so I was planning and diverting my energies in various directions. I have invested on a small ceramic vase and a rose plant stick from my local #Leicester Market  in Sep 2012

My rose belong to 'Hybrid tea' class and it is called 'memorial day' . They are the most popular class of modern roses medium-tall, upright and bushy spiral blooms with more than 50 petals per flower, with pink flowers

For my surprise first flowers came with in a month. So I thought flowers will be there always.Then the winter creeped in UK and my rose plant didn't give any flowers ... 

Sad part is I forgot to take pics of my first roses even though I have shown the flowers to my family 3600 miles away via Skype.


Finally after 10 months and many watering my plant started blooming in July 2013.

Ann's Rose Plant

Ann's Rose Flowers

I learned few things from rose plant,


  1. Best time to plant a Rose is early spring
  2. Choose a location in full sun / near window
  3. Prepare the soil with compost
  4. Water thoroughly and keep soil moist.
  5. Keep garlic white covering on 'top of soil' to keep the plant safe from small insects.
  6. Optimal time to prune a Rose is late winter.


Happy Gardening friends..


Rose plants are the ultimate in functional decorating. Some well-placed greenery can not only brighten a space but also purify the air and they're also helpful in creating a more relaxing, restful ambiance in any room. 


I always welcome suggestions and comments.


With Love,

Ann







No comments: